How does it work?
Three and a half years of close co-operation across partner regions in Europe has identified the challenges facing rural areas - and has provided some of the possible solutions through:
· Workshops, conferences
· New research projects
· Close cross border co-operation
· Partnership working
· Site visits and exchanges
Partners have identified specialist management methods to promote:
· Forests, timber and manufacture as key business opportunities.
· Development of wood fuel as a real alternative to fossil fuels.
· Further research into how woodlands can help reduce flooding
The team has worked alongside Welsh business, private and public sector specialists including universities, timber and energy companies and Forestry Research to identify best practice forestry which is now being shared for mutual benefit.
Who is involved? >>